Find all info about labelling here
Fuel efficiency class
Wet grip class
External rolling noise class
(1) - Connect function - MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup2 Connect tyres are already ready for VDA-compliant Tyre Mounted Sensor solutions thanks to the pre-installed Rubber Tyre Mount technology.
For all intents and purposes, Michelin wishes to warn potential purchasers of MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup2 Connect tyres of the need to check the availability of Tyre Mounted Sensor solutions on the market; as well as their compatibility with the VDA standard.
For your information, the MICHELIN Track Connect kit, which included VDA-compatible Tyre Mounted Sensors, has been discontinued since 03/31/2023. If you have any questions, please contact your distributor.
(2) - fast and consistent lap times - INTERNAL study, Porsche 991 GT3 equipped with 245/35ZR20 and 305/30ZR20 at Valencia (07/2018) and Renault Megane 3 RS with 235/35ZR19 Charade and Ladoux °3 (10/2018). Compared to MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2.
• Adhere to the inflation pressures recommended by the car manufacturer
HOW TO MANAGE THE PRESSURE OF YOUR TIRES DURING THE TRACK
• Start of track day or after a long break: Always begin with inflation pressures recommended for road use by the car manufacturer
• Prepare your tire: Gradually bring the tires up to temperature:
- 2 laps with rhythm
- 3 laps faster
• Adjust pressure of hot tire:
- Sunny Weather: Come back to inflation pressures recommended by the car manufacturer
- Rainy Weather: no change of pressure (could be upper than car manufacturer recommendation)
• After some laps: Slight adjustments possible depending on wear profile and car balance
BEFORE LEAVING TRACK, TO DRIVE ON THE ROAD AGAIN
• Always check the wear aspect of your tires and remaining tread depths, at least 1.6mm, and ensure there is no damage
• Once tires have cooled, re-set to car manufacturer pressure recommendations
• Do not forget to switch on any electronic safety and assistance systems on your car, as well as resetting the tire pressure monitoring system
• If special tuning has been done for track day (for example changing camber value), it is very important to put back them with the road setting
• If not used for a prolonged period of time, remove the MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP2 connect tires (mounted on their wheels) and reduce their pressure to half their normal value to store
• Store tires in a clean, dry area, away from direct sunlight and ozone sources (electrical devices and materials/chemicals) and above 0°C (32°F) in accordance with the information provided by Michelin in technical documentation or websites
• Do not use, store, handle or ship MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP2 connect tires at ambient temperatures below -10°C (14°F)
• Under these conditions the tire components can degrade, resulting in reduced performance, and at low temperatures can lead to cracks or damages to the tire compound and hence reduce potential in use
• Never use a tire with cracks, breaks or damage to the sidewall or tread. In case of doubt please consult your local Michelin technical department
• When used for long periods in an intensive manner on circuits, please be aware that damage can occur to the tire and its carcass from regularly running over the kerbs at the edges of the circuit
• It is advisable to visually check the tires after each run, prior to going back onto the circuit
• In case of prolonged running over the kerbs (or also running heavily off the track) it is advisable to verify the internal condition of the tire and it’s construction by demounting it from the wheel and having it professionally inspected for any damage, both on the interior and the exterior of the tire
Geometrical settings e.g., Camber/Toe
• On the track, geometry settings (camber primarily) can be modified to improve cornering speeds and grip through maximizing tires' footprint and also to prevent excessive wear/fatigue to the outer shoulder.
• Camber: for optimal results on a circuit, the negative camber settings should be between -1.5° & -3° dependent upon the circuit layout and the type of vehicle. NEVER exceed -4° of negative camber
• Camber values for road use must be based upon the recommended « road » settings to ensure the correct handling and behavior for both the vehicle and the tires
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
• MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP2 connect is a track tire (semi slick tire) optimized for DRY track use.
On wet tracks or roads semi slick tires, and especially in a worn state, can be highly impacted by aquaplaning phenomena. Drive carefully and with reduced speeds on wet roads. Make sure as well that the vehicle assistance systems are switched on.
However, these tires meet the legal requirements for use on the public highway and open roads of the countries where it is distributed.
• For track and road handling reasons, the fitting of a set of four tires is strongly advised