⁽¹⁾in comparison with previous generation, MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup+. Internal study made in 2013, in Jerez track, on dimension 235/35 ZR 19 fitted on PORSCHE GT3 997.
⁽²⁾Test realised in 235/35 ZR 19 at 2,3b (33 psi) between MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup (1st generation), MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup+ (2nd generation) and MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup2 , in water puddle with 3mm of water , at 26°C, at 80km/h and 110 km/h. Internal study 2013 Michelin Ladoux Technologic Center.
To ensure the quality and performance of your tyres please download our safety recommendations to learn more about our safety and usage advice.
MICHELIN Pilot Sport CUP 2 is a track tyre (semi slick tyre), which meets the legal requirements for use on the public highway.
This tyre has been specifically optimised for use on a dry track. On a wet track or road, where there is a risk of aquaplaning, adapt your driving style by reducing your speed and leaving the safety and driver assistance systems connected
For track and road handling reasons, the fitting of a set of 4 MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 is strongly advised
Before Fast Circuit Use always
o Verify the condition of your tyres, checking for wear & damage
o Build up to the temperature of the tyres gradually by a few more moderate paced laps
After running on the circuit and before returning to the road, consider
• Always check the condition of your tyres to ensure they are safe and comply with relevant local traffic laws
• Allow the tyres to cool ideally before making appropriate pressure adjustments
• Re-adjust your cold tyre pressures in accordance with the pressure recommended by the car manufacture
• If they have been disconnected/switch off, re-instate all safety systems, driver aids and tyre pressure monitoring
INFLATION PRESSURE ADVICES
Information will be updated soon
• If not used for a prolonged period of time, remove the MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres (mounted on their wheels) and reduce their pressure to half their normal value to store
• Store tyres in a clean, dry area, away from direct sunlight and above 0°C (32°F) in accordance with the information provided by Michelin in technical documentation or their website
• Do Not use, store or handle MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres at ambient temperatures below -10°C (14°F)
• Under these conditions the tyre components can degrade, resulting in reduced performance, and at low temperatures can lead to cracks in the tyre compound and hence reduce potential in use
• Never use a tyre with cracks, breaks or damage to the sidewall or tread. If in any doubt please consult your local Michelin technical department
• When using for long periods in an intensive manner on circuits, please be aware that damage can occur to the tyre and its carcass from regularly running over the kerbs at the side of the circuit
• In the case of prolonged running over the kerbs (or also running heavily off the track) it is advisable to verify the internal condition of the tyre and it’s construction by demounting it from the wheel and having it professionally inspected for any damage, both on the interior and the exterior of the tyre
• It is advisable to visually check the tyres after each run, prior to going back onto the circuit